EA Tours Blogs - 2014 and Prior
Travel Tips for Overseas Flying.
Happy hump day travelers! The week always seems to go by faster when you have a day off like this past Monday.
For today’s post, I’d like to share some more travel tips for all you educational travelers because let’s face it overseas travel can be both exhilarating but also draining. These tips regard things you can do two days before your departure to ensure everything runs smoothly. Without further ado, here they are!
- Go on ahead and exchange a little cash into the currency of your destination for when you arrive. Once you arrive, you may use an ATM or visit a currency exchange office. Exchange rates will generally be better in the country you’re visiting than at your hometown bank.
- I suggest investing in a good pair of headphones for your flights. They will not only help you sleep but they’ll also block out any unwanted noise while watching the latest movies and TV shows.
- Did you know you can request a different meal?! If you choose to do so on your educational tour opt for the lighter option. The less you eat before and during the flight, the better you’ll feel when you arrive. However, pack a few snacks for when you have the munchies.
- Be sure to get full 8 to 10 glasses of water each day even during your flight! Also, reduce your alcohol and caffeine intake. It’s recommended passengers drink 8 ounces for every hour they are in the air. This will warrant off any in-flight dehydration.
- Pack a jacket in your carry-on bag. All flights have a tendency to be chilly. I also, can’t stress enough the importance of packing an extra set of clothes, undergarments, medication, and toiletries in your carry-on bag in case of a flight cancellation or lost luggage.
That’s it for this post. Come back tomorrow where I’ll share with you tips to keep in mind the day of your student tour.
If you’re interested in my previous posts on educational travel tips you can find them here, here, here, and here.
Enjoy the rest of your day,